There are a number of questions that I get asked a lot. Here are a selection of them and the answers that are given.
Personal life coaching is the process of facilitating positive change in order to maximize personal potential. We focus on where you are now, where you want to be and what you will do to get there, rather than on analyzing the past. By setting goals and developing strategies, coaching will help you to define solutions and to take the committed action required to reach your goals.
Clarity, fulfillment and results. Coaching is about improving the results an individual is creating. And about providing an important counterbalance to the many pressures we put upon ourselves: whatever our level.
With the support of a coach, we make clearer judgements, learn more from experiences, make better choices, act more decisively and take more effective and purposeful action. We begin to focus on what’s really of importance to us; and to shape what we do to align with those values.
Coaching is about forward momentum and helping people to achieve their goals. The focus of coaching is on creating and maintaining motivation for change; exploring and overcoming obstacles; and taking action to reach goals.
|Focus||Action||Understanding and action|
|Depth||Looks at patterns and behaviour in the here and now, looking to future behaviour to change these patterns.||Looks at patterns and behaviour in the here and now, looking to future behaviour to change these patterns. Plus looks at greater depth into cause of behaviour to allow the root of stubborn patterns to be understood and changed.|
|Location/time||Can vary, including phone, internet and in-person sessions.||Same place and time.|
Counselling is about the present and the past, with a focus on helping people to address and resolve deeper emotional issues.
En su primera sesión de coaching, le explicaré el proceso de coaching y le daré la oportunidad de plantear cualquier pregunta que pueda tener.
Luego pasamos la mayor parte de la sesión trabajando hacia la definición de sus objetivos principales. Al poner tiempo y enfocarse en sus objetivos por adelantado, nos aseguramos de que el proceso de entrenamiento se centre en la solución y que tenga una fuerza motivadora para trabajar.
Yes, coaching does work; but like everything, it has its limits. Coaching is not a panacea: powerful, yes; but the answer to everything, no.
So, what are those limits? Well, perhaps I can ask: when you’re at your most energized, motivated, liberated and inspired, what’re the limits to what you might achieve?
A final caveat: the client has to want this. The essence of coaching is drawing-out solutions from a high-performing mind. If that mind doesn’t want to cooperate, coaching won’t work.
Yes, coaching is worth the investment — assuming you and your coach have set the right goals and that you’re prepared to work hard at them.
Although we may not often think or feel it, we’re constantly spending time, money and effort to progress and advance, often adopting ad hoc and unchanging strategies along the way — and with minimal care or thought.
Coaching will marshal those investments, aligning them and you with your highest values, getting you to your goals faster and achieving a bigger version of the result.
No. On the contrary, coaching gets results fast. And one of my great (and, I’m pleased to say, regular) delights in coaching is clients seeing results sooner than expected.
My longer coaching programs can run for anything up to 12 weeks in order to progress big goals. But clients see results every step of the way: from the outset; throughout; and long after we have finished working together.
Career coaching is the process through which you are helped to achieve measurable improvements in both your professional and personal performance. The coaching experience offers the rare opportunity to stand back and to take a fresh look at the experiences and assumptions of a lifetime. It facilitates enhanced self-awareness that is required for increased clarity and sustaining positive change.
Una de las formas clave en que el coaching profesional ayuda a las personas es a través de una mayor claridad, lo que da como resultado prioridades y objetivos bien definidos. El coaching también ayudará de otras formas, entre ellas:
- Una mayor conciencia — un entrenador puede ver cosas que quizás usted no pueda ver, como patrones, comportamientos o hábitos, y puede reflejarlos para ayudarlo a lograr lo que desea lograr.
- Nuevas formas de pensar y hacer las cosas. — si su enfoque actual no le ha permitido alcanzar su objetivo, un entrenador puede ayudarlo a encontrar nuevas formas de pensar y hacer las cosas que darán como resultado diferentes resultados, en línea con sus objetivos.
- La confianza para pensar en grande —un entrenador es un facilitador, un recurso y un apoyo continuo para usted durante todo el compromiso de entrenamiento. Te alientan a perseguir los grandes objetivos, te ayudan a definir cómo los alcanzarás y son tu apoyo en el camino.
- Sosteniendo el cambio — el cambio a menudo puede ser difícil. A través del coaching, se vuelve responsable de las acciones a las que se compromete en cada sesión, apoyándolo no solo para lograr, sino también para mantener el cambio.
- Identificando brechas — ¿Quieres dar el siguiente paso en tu carrera o incluso hacer una transición de carrera? El proceso de coaching puede ayudarte a identificar lo que necesitas desarrollar para alcanzar la siguiente etapa de tu carrera.
Coaching can help you achieve a broad range of goals across a number of areas. These areas can include:
- Leadership development
- Building confidence & assertiveness
- Performance enhancement
- Executive presence development
- Positive communication skills
- Career transition & planning
- Planning your career after redundancy
- Managing uncertainty & change
- Wellbeing to support performance
As your coach, it will be my role to help you realize your potential and improve your performance. Through a structured program I will work with you to achieve insights, define your goals and map out the journey that will get you to your desired outcome. With no internal links to your company, I can be your supporter, co-creator and confidant — the resource you need to get where you want to go.
I use the Results Coaching methodology, which has contemporary neuroscience at its heart, using insights into how the brain works to get the best results from coaching. My coaching structure is as follows:
- Setting goals; we explore your needs and define clear and measurable goals based on your vision of success.
- Creating the strategy; together we work to define the strategy that will get you to your goal in the most effective and efficient way.
- Taking action; throughout the coaching program we will be implementing the action plan, monitoring results, identifying opportunities for improvement and embedding changes.
- Evaluation; the outcomes are evaluated against the goals set in phase 1.
- Maintenance; plans are put into place to sure new behaviours and learning are embedded.
My executive coaching programs are a partnership with the sponsor organization, the coachee and myself. The structure that my programs follow is as follows:
- Setting goals; I work with your business and the individual being coached, to define the goals that will meet the business objectives and the individual’s needs.
- Creating the strategy; the proposed coaching plan, timeline and schedule is agreed by all stakeholders.
- Taking action; throughout the coaching program we will be implementing the action plan, monitoring results, identifying opportunities for improvement and embedding changes. This phase also includes regular review meetings between the key stakeholders and the coachee to review and feedback on progress.
- Evaluation; the outcomes are evaluated with the stakeholders against the goals set in phase 1. Further development opportunities are also identified.
- Maintenance; plans are put into place to ensure new behaviours and learning are embedded.
My executive coaching expertise is in performance enhancement, leadership development, building resilience, communication skills, conflict resolution, executive presence and career transition. I also work with executives to help them identify and connect with their strengths, to have greater clarity of purpose and goals and to increase their own self awareness and understanding in order to deliver success at work.
By investing in your people, you not only create a high performing business culture, you significantly add to your bottom line. The benefits for businesses that provide executive coaching and mentoring to their senior executives are far reaching; some common benefits include:
- Enhanced individual and business performance
- Retention of high potential and top performing staff
- Improved employee morale; more committed and motivated staff
My leadership training programs are customized to meet your individual business needs. Whether it’s a program for one, or for an entire management team, I can tailor a program that will deliver on your business needs. The process I undertake can include:
- Needs analysis — what are the needs of the individual or team and their alignment with the business.
- Program scope — define and agree the leadership program (including success metrics) with the business sponsor.
- Program delivery — training and workshops delivered to participants.
- Follow up coaching — one-on-one coaching sessions with participants to ensure transfer of learning into the work environment.